What We Do
Vegas ALL is a propaganda shop, a social network, and a meeting-place and spring-board for long-term projects, affinity groups, and informal networks. We are working to build an infrastructure for radical activism in Las Vegas.
- We distribute left-libertarian and anarchist literature in Las Vegas (short tracts, eye-catching flyers, etc.);
- We help organize the weekly Las Vegas Anarchist Cafe and host other informal gatherings — for movies, or meals, or just a cup of coffee — where like-minded people can get together, break bread, talk shop, and have some fun together;
- We give talks about anarchism, left-libertarianism, and counter-economics to local groups; and
- We network and work together with allies in anarchist, social justice, and libertarian groups in the Las Vegas and Southern Nevada area. We've provided people power and resources to help revitalize Food Not Bombs Las Vegas and begin to organize a Vegas Valley CopWatch.
News, events, commentary, and actions
- M@MM for July 2011 — Coming attractions; a real announcement to arrive soon. (01 Aug 11): Hey y’ALL, So, this is just a brief note — a sort of placeholder — to mention that July 2011’s new Market Anarchy and Anarchist Classics Series booklets (No. 21 and No. 9, respectively) were finished on time and mailed out to subscribers on July 27. The official announcement has been delayed because the end [...] [Read More...]
- M@ Mailed Monthly (June 2011): Free Market Public Property and Bomb-Throwing Revolutionary Mutualism (27 Jun 11): tl;dr. Two beautiful new booklets are available for ordering to-day from the ALL Distro — this month’s Market Anarchy, with an article on truly public property — public property, that is, without state control — and this month’s Anarchist Classic, with a Spencerian-Mutualist take on the Economics of Anarchy, by the insurrectionary mutualist Dyer D. [...] [Read More...]
- M@ Mailed Monthly (May 2011): Ideas and Letters, Natural Liberty and Artificial Scarcity (07 May 11): tl;dr. Two beautiful new booklets are available for ordering to-day from the ALL Distro — this month’s Market Anarchy, with an article on intellectual property and this month’s Anarchist Classic with two letters from Lysander Spooner to Congressman Thomas F. Bayard. You can get one free sample copy of either series (or both) to check [...] [Read More...]
- Market Anarchy Mailed Monthly April 2011. Five Theses and a Vindication. (21 Apr 11): tl;dr. There’s two beautiful new booklets available for ordering from the ALL Distro. This month’s Market Anarchy is a collection of five contemporary pieces on spontaneous order and freed-market social movements. This month’s Anarchist Classic is a sleek new edition of the oldest known English-language Anarchist tract. You can get one free sample copy of [...] [Read More...]
- Market Anarchy Mailed Monthly! (31 Mar 11): tl;dr. There’s three beautiful new booklets available for ordering from the ALL Distro, and the Distro is officially launching two regular monthly publications. If you’re interested in subscribing for individual copies or bulk distribution packets, contact me. I’m happy to announce three new additions to the Alliance of the Libertarian Left Artwork & Agitprop Distro, [...] [Read More...]
- The Las Vegas Police Beat: Officer-Involved (16 Jul 10): Officers William Mosher, Joshua Stark, and Thomas Mendiola. Las Vegas Metro Police Department. Last weekend, at the Costco in Summerlin, Erik Scott got into an argument with some workers at the store. A Costco employee noticed that he was carrying a handgun in his waistband, so they freaked out and called the cops, then evacuated [...] [Read More...]
- Men In Uniform (Cont’d). Officer James Vernon Clayton, North Las Vegas Police Department, North Las Vegas, Nevada (21 May 10): Trigger warning. Briefly describes the crimes of a male police officer working for the North Las Vegas city government, who, while in uniform, harassed and attempted to sexually assault several women that he forced to pull over. Officer James Vernon Clayton, North Las Vegas Police Department, North Las Vegas, Nevada. From Tuesday’s Las Vegas Sun, [...] [Read More...]
- Priorities (09 May 10): The government-installed administration at the University of Nevada at Las Vegas says that, what with the current round of massive state budget cuts, and the threat of future cuts one or two years down the line, they don’t have enough money to teach classes in unpopular majors. (Based on recent decisions from administrative committees, UNLV’s [...] [Read More...]
- This Thursday at Vegas Anarchist Cafe: a presentation by Jim Haber and a screening of “Death and Taxes” — on war, taxes, and direct action for peace. Thursday, April 8, 6:00pm (06 Apr 10): Please forward this notice far and wide! Pass the word along to anyone who you think might be interested in the film, the talk, or in learning more about direct action for peace. The Vegas A-Cafe and Southern Nevada ALL are pleased to announce that this week’s A-Cafe will feature a special presentation and screening [...] [Read More...]
- Rad Geek Speaks: “Ask An Anarchist!” THURSDAY, at the Vegas Anarchist Cafe. Las Vegas, Nevada, 1 April 2010, 6:00pm (29 Mar 10): This week, at the Vegas Anarchist Cafe — specifically, THURSDAY, 1 April 2010 — Vegas ALL will be sponsoring a special Ask An Anarchist! event with ALLy Charles Johnson. Ask An Anarchist! is a freewheeling Q&A session, where A-Cafers, guests, the anarcho-curious and anyone interested in a conversation about the idea of a stateless society, [...] [Read More...]
Bay Area Anarchist Bookfair (Mar 2010): Las Vegas ALLy Charles Johnson joined ALLies from San Francisco and Tulsa, Oklahoma to put on an outreach and literature table at the annual Bay Area Anarchist Bookfair in San Francisco. From Vegas, our Agitprop & Artwork Distro made the all the logistical arrangements for the outreach event (with the help of some very generous mutual aid contributions from ALLies throughout the U.S.). Our distro also provided a full print run of the Market Anarchy series and a tub full of other market anarchist literature and buttons for the event.
Los Angeles Anarchist Bookfair (Jan 2010): Las Vegas ALLy Charles Johnson joined ALLies from Los Angeles, San Diego, and other communities throughout Southern California to put on an outreach and literature table at the 2nd annual Los Angeles Anarchist Bookfair in Los Angeles, California.
Bay Area Anarchist Bookfair (Mar 2009): Las Vegas ALLy Charles Johnson joined ALLies from Portland, Oregon and Los Angeles to put on an outreach and literature table at the annual Bay Area Anarchist Bookfair in San Francisco. In addition to excellent historical materials and journals provided by Northwest ALL, Vegas ALL provided a 32-gallon tub full of market anarchist literature and buttons from our Agitprop & Artwork Distro.
LV ally (Mar 2009): Las Vegas ALLies published the third issue of the LV ally — a quarter-size booklet providing a directory for events and organizations here in Las Vegas that are working towards peace and freedom.
If you're interested in getting free copies of the LV ally to distribute in your store, space, to hand out to friends, or for your own reference, contact us.
Wednesday, February 4th, 2009 — Southern Nevada ALLy Kelly Patterson speaks on the Wobblies at the Las Vegas Anarchist Cafe: ALLy Kelly Patterson gave a talk at the Vegas Anarchist Cafe's Free Speech Soapbox Series entitled
We Need The Wobblies Now More Than Ever! A Brief History of the Industrial Workers of the World.The I.W.W. is a radical, anti-statist industrial labor union, which organized hundreds of thousands of workers and became one of the most powerful unions in America early in the 20th century — until the United States government targeted it for destruction. In this age of bail-outs, the government and the bosses have proven themselves incapable of delivering the prosperity that they promised; workers need a fighting union now more than ever. Kelly’s talk discusses both the I.W.W.’s storied history, and at signs of hope for a Wobbly resurgence in the early 21st century.
LV ally (Feb 2009): Las Vegas ALLies published the second issue of the LV ally — a quarter-size booklet providing a directory for events and organizations here in Las Vegas that are working towards peace and freedom.
LV ally (Dec 2008): Las Vegas ALLies published the inaugural issue of the LV ally — a quarter-size booklet providing a directory for events and organizations here in Las Vegas that are working towards peace and freedom.
Monday, September 1st, 2008 — Labor Day: Las Vegas ALLies honored Labor Day today by hanging flyers celebrating the history and principles of wildcat unionism -- of radical, fighting unions like the Industrial Workers of the World, based on the free association of workers and direct action on the shop floor.
Wednesday, August 25th, 2008 — Invitation to the A-Cafe and Radical Re-orientation at UNLV: Las Vegas ALLies took action towards a Radical Re-orientation on the UNLV campus today, the first day of classes, by issuing their second communiqué and hanging up the following flyers:
June 3rd, 2008: Talk by ALLy Charles Johnson at the Libertarian Party of Clark County monthly meeting on ALL, left-libertarianism, and non-electoral activism.
April 15th, 2008: Tax Day outreach and education: Las Vegas ALLies took their first public action for April 15th — Tax Day — by issuing their first communiqué and hanging up the following flyers in honor of the occasion: